Wednesday 20 July 2011

WHAT'S IN MY BAG?!

I took a look at my favorite blogs recently and a topic fascinated me to no end. The trending topic seems to be ladies bags and its contents. I had fun perusing the oddities ladies carry around. That got me thinking about the junk I have in my bag, so I’ve decided to jump the bandwagon and give you guys a peek of what I’m lugging around in my bag at the moment.

THE RULES

1. Take a picture of the bag.
2. Tke a picture of its contents.
3. Explain!
4. Tag as many bloggers that you'd like to see the contents of their bags.

Here goes...

THE BAG


I’m currently in-love with this bag. It’s an unstructured snake skin Michael Kors tote bag that was a gift from my good friend E.N a couple of months ago. I haven’t been able to look at any other bag since I got it. As a result, every other bag in my closet has ceased to exist for me. It’s extremely spacious and everything fits into it. (I have to restrain myself from stuffing it to the brim.) I’ve also managed to make it work with every outfit.


THE CONTENTS


The 3 journals
My Prayer of Jabez journal that is supposed to chronicle my walk with God, which has somehow been converted to a journal for putting in those little practice details like how much it costs for an incorporation or the step by step procedure of incorporation at C.A.C. (Procedures and costs are forever changing)etc.

The spiral bound one for inspirational quotes, new words and quirky little details that I pick up during the day.

The Red one: This journal has a story that I’m going to take a minute to tell. This is my *drum roll* - wedding journal. I was motivated to start one after having a chat with my friends, I discovered I was probably the only girl in the world who did not have fairy tale visions of what she’d like her wedding to be, or a detailed account of the wedding menu or even what kind of wedding gown she’d like to have. Bleh!
Anywoos, I decided to exorcise what I’ve concluded is an unnatural female behavior by getting a journal and recording blow by blow detail of what I want for that special day; even if it kills me. Turns out that I actually enjoy it. Currently working on the rings.

My glasses case
Acute astigmatism. Some days I can live without my glasses, other days I just can’t.

Tara Make-up brush carrier
This also doubles as a make-up bag for the few necessary essentials necessary for a touch up during the day. Which include;

Sleek's Pink Cadillac Lip-gloss
I was introduced to this by my friend Mascoteda (Interview with her coming up soon) and I’ve ditched all other lipsticks and glosses. I’m hooked! This lip-gloss is the bomb, I tell you…aside from the fact that it  makes for a great kissing experience for him. *wink wink*

Elizabeth Arden's Red Door
I thought the pack of miniature signature scents of Elizabeth Arden was plain ingenious. As opposed to lugging around the huge bottle of perfume, the diminutive is incredibly handy. Perfect for that pre-meeting or pre-date freshening up.

Orekelewa Blushes
Nothing gives instant glam like a blush. I love these two in colors 33 and 70. Due to the fact that I’m a nice toffee complexion, I like to blend the two shades for a fantastic hue on the cheeks. Perfect for those dinner dates after work.

Back up lip-gloss
Tara’s high pigment lip-gloss called ‘Koko’ to switch up the look sometimes.

Pens
I have a peculiar habit of collecting pens. I’m told it’s a normal for writers. I just remember how exasperated I feel when I’m asked for my pen, so I make sure I always throw a pen in my bag before leaving the house. The result is by the end of the week, I have a thousand pens in my bag. I can’t live without my pens. Tool of the trade.

LG flashdrive
This flashdrive has saved my life so many times.

Face wipes
Excellent for wiping off make-up at any point during the day and gentle enough to double as feminine wipes.

Zaki the Elephant
This is probably the first piece of art I ever bought. I think I got it in high school. It’s my goodluck charm and I absolutely refuse to let go of.

My wallet
A gift from a boss I had while on a holiday job years ago. Holds cash, ATM cards and business cards beautifully.

Business Card Holder
My tool of trade came in this plastic white holder from the printers which I thought was rather different. Usually, the printers wrap the cards in a bit of paper and call it a day. I decided to hold on to this because of its functionality. It’s light to carry around and keeps my business cards wrinkle free and dry.

Cheque Book
This one travels with me from bag to bag. I chose to omit the name of the bank while taking the shot. I don't want to do any free marketing but some of y'all still guess though.

Bottle of aspirins
Keeps my brain from frying most days, definitely a life saver.

Compact
To make sure the face and hair are presentable pre-meeting or pre-dinner date. I thought these were whimsical with the engraving of a Chinese emperor. Stolen from my Mom.

Sunglasses
A Marc Jacobs pair that I absolutely love because it shields my eyes from the sun extremely well and the odd heptagon shape. Also it was 'obtained' from a boyfriend who gave it up rather willingly, so it has sentimental value as well.

Edge of Evil
Obsessed with serial murder thrillers. Currently reading these.

Earrings
I always have a spare pair of earrings in my bag. I’ve been known to lose an earring during the day. And the deeper life look is not a good look for me.

My two phones
My old faithful Sony Ericson cybershot which I've had for donkey years and refuse to let go of, pictured above and the Blackberry used to take the pictures. Sometimes, they are all the office I need. *smile*

Hope u had fun looking at my bag and the crap you'll find in it every given day.


Toodle-oo.


  xxx

Isi-Aki.


No comments: